About Steep Slope
The purpose of the Steep Slope Committee is to enhance the services that MRCA provides to steep slope contractors and material and service suppliers. This Committee is charged with: identifying potential members in these industry segments; recommending new services, training, or resources needed by the industry; recommending tailored marketing of existing member services to this segment; and incorporating this segment into the 2021 Conference and Expo in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Steep Slope University will host its fourth graduating class in 2021. Each year the attendance at this unique program has increased exponentially! The Committee is planning two full days of programming that will tackle controversial but critical issues that Steep Slope Contractors face every day. The Committee is currently helping to build on the new consumer segment of the MRCA Website and develop on-demand content for contractors on everything from overhead to insurance, sales to subcontracting, and more!
Click the Sessions tab to the right for recordings of our Steep Slope University Virtual Semester Courses!
2-Part Webinar Series
Part 1: August 25th - 2pm EST / 1pm CST
Calculating Your True Overhead
Presented by: Dan Pitts, Pitts Roofing & Construction - Fort Worth, TX
- Identifying the difference between fixed costs and variable costs
- How to allocate fixed costs when figuring a project
- Quantifying company production capacity
- Pitfalls of using per square pricing
- Activity Based Costing (ABC)
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Part 2 Coming in September:
Presented by: Steve Patrick of Level the Playingfield
Are there a legitimate alternatives to using Xactimate on projects that are also insurance claims? There most certainly are and you’d be wise to consider these alternatives. This will be a very interactive webinar, and I look forward to your questions and participation. - Steve Patrick
Register in advance for this webinar
- December 16th - Knowing Your Numbers: Overview to Financial Management
- January 26th - Knowing Your Numbers: Interpreting Financial Statements
- February 16th - Knowing Your Numbers with MRCA
- March 16th - Care and Feeding of Your Banker
- February 9th - Roofing Technology Resources for Tracking Projects and Financing
- August 25th - Dan Pitts presents "Calculating Your Overhead."